*This page is currently being updated*

About us

image of a young girl in a wheelchair

We are Warrington Clinical Commissioning Group, one of the 211 NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups in England. Led by the 28 GP practices of Warrington who are in charge of NHS decision making locally, we commission and are responsible for NHS services used by our residents.

With a £279m budget, we work to get the best health outcomes we can – Excellence for Warrington – for the 212,000 people who live in our town.

We commission providers such as Warrington and Halton hospitals, North West Boroughs Healthcare and Bridgewater Community Healthcare as well as specialist services further afield like women’s and children’s.

A number of primary care services such as opticiansdentists, and pharmacies are commissioned by NHS England.

We pay for these services on behalf of Warrington residents and monitor providers to make sure they are delivering the right care at the right price. We study their figures, look at patient feedback and carry out checks.

We work closely with Warrington Borough Council to make sure health and social care are linked together whenever possible.

Public Health was previously commissioned by the NHS in Warrington, but the responsibility now sits with Warrington Borough Council who are also responsible for commissioning services such as adult social care, carers support, and special educational needs.

Everything we do has the people we serve at its centre. We actively seek out views and experiences of the people of Warrington to shape our work.

View the Your Views pages to find out about how to can get involved

View information about our governing body

Brief Overview

A range of health services is available locally to support children with physical or learning disabilities.

These start at birth for those identified at this early age and follow the child through until they leave full time education.

All children will have access to their GP and a health visitor/school nurse dependant on their age. These universal services will help to assess and refer your child for any additional help. Please contact them first if you have any concerns about your child’s development.

Where a health professional such as health visitor, school nurse, GP, or an early years provider such as a child minder, nursery, school etc have concerns, the child may need additional support to ensure they achieve and develop to their best potential.

Advice may be required around speech language and communication, motor skills, behaviour difficulties and / or sensory difficulties, sleep difficulties, feeding swallowing and nutrition, respiratory difficulties which can be gained from paediatricians children’s therapy services, specialist paediatric nursing services, children’s learning disability team, health visiting, school nursing and children’s mental health teams.

For further details regarding specific health services please check the Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust, North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust websites

Additional Information and Resources 


Warrington Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

  • Warrington Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) works with children and young people up to age 25 with a learning disability who have problems with their emotional, behavioural or mental health and wellbeing. Find out more about the service



Personal Health Budgets

  • Visit our Personal Health Budgets information [opens in new window]
  • watch the video 'An Introduction to Personal Health Budgets in Continuing Healthcare' [opens in new window]

Education, health and care plans (EHC Plans) 

Person shaped support 

Paediatric Physiotherapy 

  • A selection of guidance leaflets for parents from the Paediatric Physiotherapists Team, Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust available here [opens in a new window]
  • Parents Information Page from the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists [opens in new window]
SEND (Special educational needs and disabilities) information and guidance 

Visit our Information, advice and guidance section for SEND related documents and guides [opens in new window]