Cinnamon Brow C of E Primary School

We aim to develop the full academic, spiritual, social and physical potential of all our children in an atmosphere of trust, tolerance, understanding and respect.
All children in England between the ages of 5 and 16 years are entitled to a free place at a state school. Legally your child reaches compulsory school age at the beginning of the term following his/her fifth birthday.
In Warrington, however, it is current policy to provide education from the beginning of the school year in which your child is 5 years old. This means that a school place will be available in the September following your child's fourth birthday.
Mainstream state schools are funded by the Local Authority (LA), follow the National Curriculum and are regularly inspected by the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted).
Information taken from Cinnamon Brow C of E Primary School.
Childcare provision related to this school, Cinnamon Brow C E Primary (Nursery). Please see separate entry under 'nursery' for more details, The Browsers Link Club, Little Browsers Pre-School.
Please see separate entry under 'childcare' for more details. Childminders provide out of school care and some may have specified they pick up/drop off from this school.
For more detailed information of childcare linked to this school please contact the Families Information Service, who can offer comprehensive up to date information on registered childcare in Warrington, including childminders, day nurseries, pre-schools, playgroups, out of school and holiday clubs, carer & toddler groups, leisure activities and much more.
Other useful contacts - WBC school admission, transport & pupil services team 01925 443322
*8 designated provision places

01925 821108 Fax: 01925 811267


Cinnamon Brow C of E Primary School

Perth Close

Cinnamon Brow



SEND Local Offer description

Cinnamon Brow CE Primary School is a popular 1.5 form entry school with designated provision for children in Foundation and Key Stage 1 in Cinnamon Brow.

SEND Local Offer contact name

Tracy Gunn (Head Teacher)

Age range

5-7, 8-11

What extra support is available at school?

Needs led SALT (speech and language therapy)Needs led physiotherapy Needs led OT (Occupational therapy)Personal Care Needs led school nurse

Staff know if a child / young person needs support

Well trained members of staff use observations and on-going assessments to identify any possible areas of need. Parents can raise concerns with members of staff at any time.

What to do if you think your child needs support

In the first instance a parent should talk about any concerns to the class teacher or SENDCo. Following these discussions, outside agencies may be consulted for further advice.

How will staff support a child with SEND?

Initially teaching staff will support your child through differentiated learning. Following further assessment, should additional support be required, a plan will be discussed between you, a class teacher and the SENDCo. This plan will be monitored regularly. Assessment of needs informs the next stage of planning.

How is the curriculum matched to a child's needs?

In the first instance work will be differentiated to suit a variety of learning styles and needs. Following this, reasonable adjustments will be made to support a particular need. Differentiated planning for literacy and numeracy which links to Individual Learning Plan targets and level of development.  If children have advice from outside agencies this is incorporated into learning activities and individual programmes will be delivered regularly by teaching staff.  We use visual timetables and PECS to help children understand our routines and communicate.  Staff have received basic Makaton training and try to use signing in daily routines and conversations.  Planning for National Curriculum subjects and Early Learning Goals is differentiated using P level guidance and EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) guidelines.

How do parents learn about their child's progress?

Regular meetings will take place between you, the class teacher and SENDCo to discuss progress of any individual plan and next steps. Your child's views will be part of this process. Part of the plan will include any advice on how you can support your child's learning. A home-school communication book is provided, a B Squared assessment tool is used to closely monitor progress, and an Annual Statement of SENEHC Plan review meeting is used.

How is children's well-being supported?

All staff offer pastoral support for children. The school has access to external agencies and professionals, such as an Attendance Officer to support with behaviour, attendance and emotional well-being. We have comprehensive policies to deal with medical issues, based on current good practice and accepted guidelines.

What specialist services can the setting access?

Where appropriate, the school is able to access Educational Psychologists, SEN Consultants, Speech and Language therapists, a Family Support Worker and an Emotional Health and Well-being specialist. Access to these services is prioritised according to need and availability. There is access to support from Speech & Language Therapists, support from Occupational Therapists, and support from Physiotherapists.

What SEND training do staff receive?

We currently have staff trained in speech and language programmes and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Training is provided according to the needs of children within the school. Such needs are reviewed regularly and training adapted accordingly. Training includes Speech & Language Therapy training, Team Teach training, manual handling training, and wheelchair training.

How are all children included in all activities?

Our school and curriculum is fully inclusive and accessible to all children. Any particular needs will be taken into account and planned for accordingly. Parents of children with additional needs will be consulted to ensure optimum provision at all times.

How accessible is the environment?

The building is accessible to wheelchairs and a disabled toilet is available. The physical environment is reviewed regularly to ensure full accessibility for all. We endeavour to remove any barriers to communication through regular review of need. The unit was set up following advice from a range of specialist services and is designed to support the needs of children with visual impairments, physical disabilities and autism.  There is a changing room with changing table, disabled toilet with handrails and a walk-in shower.  The unit has disabled access to the outdoor provision

How are resources matched to children's needs?

There is a specific budget allocated for SEN to fund the development of resources for children with additional needs. These are allocated on a fair and consistent basis dependent on the extent of available funds; the recommendations of external agencies for children; the availability of targeted Local Authority funding and priorities established within the annual school SEN development plan.

How are children supported through transition?

Comprehensive and appropriate transition arrangements are put in place at each stage of education both within the school and between schools. Transition arrangements are adapted according to the needs of the child.

How is a decision made about the support needed?

The Head Teacher and SENDCo and, where appropriate, advice from external agencies, will allocate resources and support based on recommendations from appropriate professionals. These will be informed by our own internal assessment procedures. Any plans will be discussed with parents and reviewed regularly. For all children who have a Statement of SEN or an EHC Plan, decisions on additional support are made through the Annual Review process. Staffing currently in The Clover is one teacher and two teaching assistants.

How can parents and carers be involved?

We have an open door policy and parents are routinely invited to discuss the progress of their child, either as part of Parent Interview evenings or individually with class teachers, Teaching Assistants, SENDCo and/or other professionals.

Who can be contacted for further information?

For school based information you should initially contact your child's class teacher and then further discussion with the SENDCo and / or Head Teacher if required. SENDCo: Alison Carson. SEN Governor: Steve Williams