Child Support Agency - CSA - National Information - weblink

Child maintenance is financial support that helps towards a child’s everyday living costs when the parents have separated. It’s for children who are either under 16, under 20 and in full-time education (but not higher than A-Level or equivalent)l. There are also other situations when a child maintenance payments stop. The parent who doesn’t have day-to-day care of the child, (the "paying parent") pays child maintenance to the parent or person who does (the "receiving parent"). The "receiving parent" could be a grandparent or guardian, as well as a parent. You can apply for child maintenance - through the Child Maintenance Service. From 25 November 2013, the Child Support Agency (CSA) no longer takes on new cases but still handles existing cases. The Child Maintenance Service is a statutory child maintenance service. It will work out how much should be paid, and can also collect the payments for you. You can use the calculator on - to get an idea of what payments might be. Who can use the service? You can apply if you’re the parent, the child lives with you the parent, the child doesn’t live with a grandparent or other guardian of the child, - or a child living in Scotland. Find out more information about how the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency (CSA) each deal with the issues by reading Child Maintenance leaflets provide instructions and more details on the steps the services will take for a specific problem (eg, non-payment, a parentage dispute, or an appeal).

Child Maintenance Options - 0800 9880988Lines open Monday - Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am - 4.00pmCSA cases opened after 2003 - 0845 6090082Lines open Monday - Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pmCSA cases opened prior to 2003 - 0845 7133133Lines open Monday - Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm